The Dachstein Glacier
The ultimate destination in Styria, hiking & climbing, biking & paragliding
- The Dachstein is 2,996 meters high
- Glaciour mountain lift station at 2,700 meters
- Nature reserves around the Dachstein
- Location of the Dachstein massif is in the federal states of Styria and Upper Austria
Experience at 2,700 meters, the highest mountain in Styria, an exciting glacier world & mountain highlights in a beautiful natural scenery and an equally gorgeous panorama.
The Dachstein is one of the most visited excursion destinations in Styria. No wonder - after all, it is the first glacier in the Alps from Oster. Even the driveway with the Dachstein panoramic gondola is an experience: you will overcome 1,000 meters of altitude and float close to steeply falling rock walls. Not spectacular enough, you can also experience them on the gondola balcony - "convertible feeling" pure. Arriving at 2,700 meters above sea level, you can see a fantastic panorama with hundreds of mountain peaks.
Attractions such as the Dachstein Suspension Bridge, the Skywalk, the Ice Palace or the staircase to nowhere await you.
Hiking, climbing, paragliding, skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing or simply enjoying the mountain air - everything is possible at the Dachstein!
Dachstein Highlights in Summer
- A ascent and descent is included for all our apartments, in summer with the Schladming-Dachstein Summer Card.
- Sunrise breakfast or sunset dinner on the Dachstein - enjoy the first or last rays of sunshine in a unique atmosphere.
- Rest and stop: The glacier restaurant is open.
- Panorama gondola: Even at the driveway, you have the perfect view with the panorama gondola, which is made entirely of glass. Adrenaline junkies can even ride on the roof of the gondola.
- Spring skiing or autumn cross-country skiing on the Dachstein glacier
- Skywalk: under your feet: the 250 meter vertical cliff of the Hunerkogel. Around you: an incomparable mountain panorama.
- Ice Palace: Europe to visit in the Ice Palace - The new journey through the eternal glacier ice leads from Spain to Austria via the Dutch and Belgians to France and Poland
- Suspension bridge and stairs into nowhere: The Dachstein suspension bridge and staircase lead to nothingness for unforgettable holiday memories, tremendous views and a gigantic deep view of 400 meters on the foot of the Dachstein massif.
- Hiking & mountaineering: More than 160 tours, via ferrata and hiking routes await you around the Dachstein
- Biking: Uphillers, downhillers, mountain bikers or e-bikers - everyone will find a perfect lap around the Dachstein
- Paragliding: The Dachstein is the hotspot of the aviation scene
- 360 degree panoramas
- Current report Dachstein
- Live Web Cam Dachstein
Important in Summer
In order to meet the rush of visitors in the summer months, a reservation system for the gondola ride was introduced.
This, it is necessary in the summer to reserve the gondola ride early. Just right here from home or your smartphone!
Without a reservation, a driveway can not be guaranteed and it must be expected in the summer months with waiting periods of up to 2 hours!