Premium-Hiking Region Schladming-Dachstein
Hiking happiness in the mountains
Known as a popular and pulsating ski center, our region turns into one of Austria's premium holiday and hiking regions in summer. Countless peaks with unlimited views and clear air, lush Alpine valleys, clear streams and lakes - warm greetings from the refreshing landscapes of our holiday region.
You can expect:
- Original landscapes, magnificent limestone walls of the glaciated Dachstein, lush green Alpine valleys and countless peaks
- Over 1,000 km of marked hiking trails and your very own favorite trail
- 5 long-distance hiking trails
- 300 mountain lakes, 1,000 springs
- Summer mountain railways - free of charge with the All Inclusive Summer Card
- 21 via ferratas
- Generously equipped regular transport network, with hiking buses, in the Schladming-Dachstein region (hiking buses are free with the Sommercard)
- Diverse offer, especially for families
- Austrian hospitality in 50 managed alpine pastures and huts with regional and natural delicacies
- Personal advice and many events related to hiking
Interactive Hiking Map
Plan your hiking tour with the interactive hiking map.
All hikes in the region with a detailed description, altitude profile, GPS track, 3-D flight with pictures can be found on our interactive hiking map.
We are happy to help you with advice.
Alpine Hikes & Tours
You can experience real mountain adventures on the Alpine tours. For the sporty mountain fanatic, the demands are at least as high as the next summit. In the Dachstein Mountains and in the Schladminger Tauern there are many variants of alpine tours possible. Some popular destinations are, for example, the Königsetappe or Königstour, summit victory or the Höhenweg.
Long-Distance Hiking - Unlimited Freedom
The route is the goal. And long distances are particularly worthwhile destinations in the Schladming-Dachstein region. The five long-distance hiking trails lead in all directions and 1,000 kilometers of hiking. Wonderful day and multi-day tours, from hut to hut, refreshing valleys, exciting, fantastic Alpine landscapes and the joy of summits.
Spring & Water Hikes
Feel the elemental force of the water.
The most beautiful water hikes lead through wildly romantic, rushing gorges and waterfalls, babbling torrents to turquoise-blue, quiet mountain and mirror lakes and alpine water worlds! With around 1,000 springs, 300 mountain lakes and 100 waterfalls, the Schladming-Dachstein region is one of the richest in water in the Alps.
Landscape & Summit Hikes
On the medium-sized hikes in the Schladming-Dachstein region, you will experience scenic delights that will please your eyes and soul! Wide alpine pastures, panoramic peaks, mountain lakes and high moors, cozy huts and large waterfalls are part of this hiking pleasure.
Family & Theme Hikes
The Schladming-Dachstein Region offers a range of hikes for young and old. Some of them tell stories, others let you discover a specific topic. Wonderful enjoyment of nature for parents, fresh air for our youngest guests, the promise of our recommended stroller miles and easy hikes with perfectly developed paths.
In our themed hikes you can follow the tracks of your choice. Fairy tale trails, summer snow or mushroom trails ... there are no limits to the imagination and there is a lot to experience!