Cross-country mecca Ramsau am Dachstein
Top destination for the cross-country sport
Ramsau am Dachstein is one of the top Austrian destinations for cross-country skiing. With 220 kilometers of groomed cross-country trails in all levels of difficulty and altitude, as well as a good infrastructure, the region in Styria offers the best conditions for amateur skiers and top athletes.
They can glide through the wintry landscape on around 20 circuits. Along the routes, more than 80 rest stops invite you to take a leisurely break. If you want, you can follow in the footsteps of the world champions in Ramsau, because the Nordic World Championships were held here in 1999. Awards such as the Styrian seal of approval for cross-country skiing or the choice of one of the top cross-country skiing areas in the Alps by the ADAC SkiGuide also speak for the ideal cross-country skiing conditions in the region.
Heart of the region: The World Cup cross-country stadium
The central meeting place for all cross-country fans is the cross-country stadium with test center in Ramsau Ort. The teams from the three cross-country ski schools fit & fun, Sport Pitzer and Ramsau are there to help and advise. A highlight for kids is the children's cross-country ski park in the World Cup stadium. With the help of archways, see-saws or small jumps, the youngest are playfully introduced to cross-country skiing and can learn the right technique while having a lot of fun. The Nordic X-Park also promises lots of fun and action. Some of the elements in the demarcated area are similar to those that skiers and snowboarders know from snow parks. Even beginners can use this offer as a perfect addition to practice.
Here you can find the Trail Plan
- 125 km of classic trails and 95 km of skating trails
- 20 cross-country skiing circuits with different levels of difficulty for beginners and professionals, lengths (up to 30 km) and altitudes
- Dachstein glacier panorama trail at 2,700 m
- Many cozy places to stop and huts along the trails, including the Schladming-Dachstein Almkulinarik
- 5 top cross-country ski schools & rental professionals
- Snowmaking system & snow farming
- Night trail & full moon cross-country skiing experience
- Awarded the Styrian cross-country seal of quality
- High-altitude trail on the Rittisberg