The Dachstein-Glacier in winter
The Dachstein is one of the most visited Styrian excursion destination. And no wonder - it is the first glacier in the Alps when approaching from the East. Even the ascent to the Dachstein Glacier with the new panoramic gondola is an experience: you climb 1,000 metres and brush past sheer rock walls. Arriving at 2,700 metres above sea level, you look out over a fantastic panorama of hundreds of mountain peaks.
Info on revision work at the Dachstein 2023/2024
From September 2023, the mountain station of the Dachstein Gletscherbahn will be completely renovated. The operation of the Gletscherbahn will be discontinued from Wednesday, September 6, 2023. The work is expected to last until May 2024. We ask for your understanding!
|Revision work||Wednesday, 6.09.2023 - May 2024||Dachstein closed|
|Cross-country skiing with prior registration||Monday, 2.10. - Sunday, 22. Oktober 2023||
ONLY professional cross-country skiers with advance
|Christmas 2023||Monday, 25.12.2023 - Sunday, 7.1.2024||Dachstein opened for all|
|Revision work||Monday, 8.1.2024 - May 2024||Dachstein closed|
|February 2024 (semester break)||Possible daily opening (without restaurant)|
Dachstein Glacier - a unique experience
- CURRENTLY CLOSED: Skiing: Five lifts and slopes
- Tours and powder snow: The Dachstein Glacier has many various ski tours, crossings and steep downhills to offer. The highlight of it: “Austrias national skitour”, the Dachstein Glacier Crossing.
- CURRENTLY CLOSED: Freeride: And if you are at the Dachstein Glacier, you should not miss the adventure “Freeride Edelgries”
- Cross-country skiing: the glacier lopes on the Dachstein are prepared daily
- Chill and warm-up: The glacier restaurant is open.
- Skywalk: under your feet: the 250 metre vertical rock face of the Hunerkogel. Around you - an incomparable mountain panorama.
- CURRENTLY CLOSED: Ice palace: Mystical world of ice - this year you can see many treasuries.
- Suspension bridge and stairway to nowhere: There are plenty of highlights for unforgettable holiday memories, like the Suspension bridge with a gigantic deep view from 400 meters or the Stairway to nowhere on the base of the wall from the Dachstein.
- Panoramic gondola: Already the ride up gives you the perfect vision with the panoramic gondola, which was made completely of glass.
- Live Webcam Dachstein
- Dachstein-Glacier in summer: the most visited excursion attraction in Styria
In summer ascent and descent by cable car is with the summercard included!!