The Dachstein-Glacier in winter
The Dachstein is one of the most visited Styrian excursion destination. And no wonder - it is the first glacier in the Alps when approaching from the East. Even the ascent to the Dachstein Glacier with the new panoramic gondola is an experience: you climb 1,000 metres and brush past sheer rock walls. Arriving at 2,700 metres above sea level, you look out over a fantastic panorama of hundreds of mountain peaks.
365 days of skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, experience
- Probably you immediately think of skiing when you hear „Dachstein“. No wonder - you can ski perfectly at the glacier in winter. Five lifts and slopes are waiting for you.
- Tours and powder snow: The Dachstein Glacier has many various ski tours, crossings and steep downhills to offer. The highlight of it: “Austrias national skitour”, the Dachstein Glacier Crossing.
- Freeride: And if you are at the Dachstein Glacier, you should not miss the adventure “Freeride Edelgries”
- Cross-country skiing: the glacier lopes on the Dachstein are prepared daily
- Chill and warm-up: The glacier restaurant is open.
- In summer ascent and descent by cable car is with the summercard included!!
- Skywalk: under your feet: the 250 metre vertical rock face of the Hunerkogel. Around you - an incomparable mountain panorama.
- Ice palace: Mystical world of ice - this year you can see many treasuries.
- Suspension bridge and stairway to nowhere: There are plenty of highlights for unforgettable holiday memories, like the Suspension bridge with a gigantic deep view from 400 meters or the Stairway to nowhere on the base of the wall from the Dachstein.
- Panoramic gondola: Already the ride up gives you the perfect vision with the panoramic gondola, which was made completely of glass.
- 360 degree panoramas
- Current report Dachstein
- Live Webcam Dachstein
- Dachstein-Glacier in summer: the most visited excursion attraction in Styria