Downhill on the Planai 2.0
1,000 meters in altitude pure adrenaline
After 15 years of success story, the Schladming Bikepark was reopen in June 2020 after successful expansion. New bike routes for beginners and professionals, new lines at FLOW and AIRTIME will delight the hearts of bike park fans.
The range of routes in the Schladming Bike Park is diverse
- Bike area (very easy) on the Märchenwiese below the mountain station - the perfect opportunity for beginners / young bikers to prepare for the trails in the bike park
- Flowline (simple) starts at the mountain station and leads with a slight gradient first through a beautiful blackberry heather and then through larch and spruce forests directly to the middle station of the Planaibahn.
- Rookie Downhill (medium) offers entry into the downhill sport, many curves and smaller jumps characterize this trail.
- 99 Jumpline (difficult) is the holy grail for whippers and stylers. On 3.5km there is tons of airtime on perfectly built jumps with a length of 3 to 8m. If that's not enough for you, you can turn onto the Monster Jumpline in the end section, where the right booter wait up to 12m.
- Kessler Line (medium) This trail leads in medium difficulty through forest and meadows towards the valley before it joins the Downtownline. Many curves, playful waves and small jumps characterize this trail.
- Downtown Line (medium) - is covered with crushed sand and has a few light obstacles. This includes tables, small step-ups and step-downs.
- Jack Lumber Trail (very difficult) is the first Northshore Trail in the bike park with many steep transverse drives and carpets of roots. It should only be ridden by experienced bikers.
- Pro Downhill (difficult) Austria's longest downhill route on the Planai has long been legendary for downhill. The start is at 1,830 m and can be reached with the Planai cable car. Then it goes in natural surroundings past the reservoir to the middle station at 1325m altitude where a washing area and the most necessary tools are available.
- Worldcup Downhill (very difficult) Top to Bottom - here you follow in the footsteps of Gee Atherton and Sam Hill, who have already won World Cup races on the Planai. Nothing for weak nerves!
- NEW Fairy Trail (easy) is a route with a moderate gradient that is also suitable for descending on e-bikes.
Bike School Pekoll
The bike school of the former MTB downhill professional Markus Pekoll, right in the Planai Stadium, offers the right coach for every skill level.
Bike School Pekoll
Tel: +43 664 1658171
Bründl Sports BikeWorld
There is also a bike shop and a workshop directly in the Planai Stadium.
Bründl Sports Bikeworld Schladming
Phone: +43 3687 23 002 20